When it was announced in 2017 that the Arafura Games would return to Darwin in 2019, I was personally delighted and hoped for the opportunity to be involved with the design and rollout of promotional material as I had worked on creative campaigns for the Games in 2001 and 2003.
Floodlight was engaged by NT Major Events on a 4 month contract to design various promotional material for the 2019 Games. A campaign design style had not yet been established, the brief I received was to use the purple colour scheme from the current NTG corporate branding and a pattern that had been used on the volunteer t-shirts.
Promotional material created by Floodlight included:
• Flyers and Posters
• Press adverts
• Athlete Sports Handbook (in English, Indonesian and Portuguese translations) - view PDF
• Volunteer Quick Reference Guide - view PDF
• Spectator Guide - view PDF
• Media backdrop and Pullup display banners
• Sport specific venue banners and TV screens
• Digital graphics for display at Darwin International Airport
• Venue maps
• Athlete participation certificates.
Strict deadlines needed to be met to ensure items were printed and installed in time for the start of the Games.
Please contact me if you would like to see examples of any item in more detail.
In late 2017, the NT Department of Tourism and Culture commissioned Floodlight to present logo concepts for the 2019 Games (these designs are displayed at bottom of this page). Ultimately, the client chose to use a logo design that had been created by one of the AG marketing team.
Working with Debbie has been an absolute pleasure. I'd look forward to working with her again.